Sunday, October 23, 2011

Critical Reasoning in my pocket too?

At least, I would like to think so :) I consider CR as one of my strengths. So didn't allocate much time for its preparation. I hope this won't turn out to be a mistake. 

Materials used
  1. GMAT Official Guide 12th edition
  2. Powerscore CR Bible
  3. Veritas Prep CR booklet I
Preparation
  1. Skimmed through the first few chapters of PowerScore CR bible. Few important takeaways: conclusion is the key, understand the stimulus clearly before jumping into the answer choices, treat answer choices/stimulus differently based on the question type etc.
  2. Solved the Veritas Prep CR booklet - though some of its questions are not very convincing, it opened my eyes in that CR questions can be tricky and time consuming
  3. Solved the OG 12 questions in timed conditions.
Stats
  1. OG questions: 113/124 - 11 wrong
  2. Average time per question: 1:41sec (I timed only last 80 questions)
  3. Questions I goofed up: 33, 47, 57, 70, 74, 82, 89, 99, 102, 110, 114
  4. Veritas Prep CR questions: 9 wrong
I don't think I have the time or energy to do anything else for CR; however, if I get time, I will solve the CR questions from Official Verbal Review.

No comments:

Post a Comment